News and Announcements
Registration is still open for the summer season and a few spots remain in all leagues.
If you are needing a mixed partner for the summer season, either Wednesday or Thursday night (fixed partners only) complete this form and I will share information with those interested.
This is experimental and you will need to make contact with those in the “Partner Match” pool (ramrods will not match you up) but at least you will have access to others who would be interested in playing and who also need a partner.
Get signed up, registration closes soon! See the previous announcement for additional information about leagues and registration tips.
The Summer 2019 season will run June 3 – Aug 30. Registration for all leagues will open online at www.rrtennis.com at 8:00 am, Saturday, May 11 and close at 11:59pm on May 18.
Summer leagues are as noted below:
Monday night ladies doubles (rotate partners) 6:30pm
Tuesday night men’s doubles (rotate partners) 6:30pm
Wednesday night mixed doubles (fixed partners) 6:30pm
Thursday night mixed doubles (fixed partners) 6:30pm
Co-ed Singles league
Look for the “Register Now” button on the left side of the home page at www.rrtennis.com.
- If you log on before 8:00 am, you may need to refresh your browser until the button/link appears.
- Mixed teams must sign up as a team (each team please select one person to get online and register your team). If both of you log on and try to register your team, you’ll take up a slot for someone else. So please coordinate with each other who will sign on and pay for the team. Individuals can pay their Membership dues any time online and each player must log on and pay their own membership dues.
- Waiting List: If you get a message asking you to go on the waiting list. DO IT! Sometimes it is just the volume of traffic trying to register all at once that creates a bottleneck, so your date/time stamp will be captured and it will all sort out. You will be notified when you are moved from the wait list to the league and payment will be processed then.
- If you did not play in the spring or have not paid your annual RRTA dues for 2019, please add “Membership Dues” to your “shopping cart”.
We also want to invite everyone to the RRTA Summer Mixer on Saturday, June 1 at Old Settlers Park, 6pm. This is a come-and-go event with an informal tennis format. Sandwiches, chips, water, sodas, beer, and cans of balls will be provided. Membership is not required, but it is an adult only event.
We look forward to seeing you on the courts!
One of our own, Blane Conklin, is a candidate for Round Rock City Council in the May 4th election! Blane and his family have lived in Round Rock for 16 years. He has been involved in the RR Tennis Association since 2013, at first as a singles player, and now in mixed doubles on Wednesday nights. Blane will advocate for public parks – including properly maintaining our tennis courts – as well as other green spaces and hiking/biking trails.
Blane is a senior business analyst at the University of Texas, where he has worked for 14 years. The only special interest he will fight for is the people of Round Rock. Every decision that comes before him will have to answer the question, “How will this affect the quality of life of my neighbors in Round Rock?”
The election is on May 4th, but early voting starts on April 22. You can find more information at https://conklinforroundrock.com/.
Here is the link to the Tournament Draws:
Just a few reminders:
- arrive 20 minutes prior to match time
- please limit warm-up time to 5 minutes
- Bring chairs for tailgating
It’s shaping up to be a great weekend of tennis and tailgating!
See ya soon,